A four-part cloth seal dating to the mid 17th century. One of the inner discs has the initials, R.S in a beaded circle, possibly with an inscription around. The other inner disc has a cock standing in a beaded lozenge. The two discs of the outer (riveted) pair are plain.
The seal referenced below survives only as a single inner disc with the initials RS encircled by the inscription + SVFFOLKE. However, the author comments:
"Similar Suffolk and Essex seals for the alnager RS are known in London and from a wreck off the south coast of Norway, dated to the 1630s - early 1640s (Molaug 1980, 181-2). The other inner disc is known with a crowned harp or cock (e.g. for the latter M.O.L. ABO92 acc. nos. 789, 1051, 1055, the first of these being excavated together with ceramics dated to 1630-50)."