A large hollow-cast sub-rectangular horse-brass with concave sides and concave chamfers to the four corners. The brass has a separate dome-headed rivet at the centre and an integral trapezoidal suspension loop. The front is inscribed, but not fully legible on the image. The recorder transcribes the inscription as: W JONES / MANOR F / SEAGRY.
The ’hanging brass’ is a type of harness decoration that was used on draught horses, more often when they were entered in shows and competitions than when they were actually working. They were mainly produced between 1860 and 1914, but were also reproduced later.