A copper-alloy lapel badge of the Workers Union. The badge is shield-shaped with a fungiform back fastening stud, it depicts two clasped hands above the union's initials W U. The two halves of the shield originally contained enamel, light blue (left side), dark blue (right side).

The Workers Union was formed in 1898 and amalgamated with the NAUL, National Amalgamated Union of Labour 1919.